Our ongoing desire to evolve took us on a journey #beyondsoftware. We are 2am.tech, a team of builders and problem solvers with a core belief in delivering excellence. This value has bred a company culture of providing solutions and products that exceed expectations every time.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our team.
We are 2am.tech, a team of builders and problem solvers who share a core belief of delivering excellence. This value has bred a company culture of providing solutions and products that exceed expectations every time. Our desire to evolve took us on a journey that goes #beyondsoftware.We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our team!2am.tech is seeking a Data Engineer to provide Data Warehousing design and development for a long term contract in the US. Ideal candidate will have a strong SQL background, and will lead existing and new projects using Snowflake. You thrive on and enjoy the everyday challenges of your position, and you seek to surround yourself with like-minded people. You are a clear communicator that shares your knowledge and ideas, and you expect the same from those around you.
As Data Engineer you are responsible for:
- The selected candidate will operate as a Tech Lead, offering support and actively engaging with team members.
- Manage and enforce security in Snowflake, including the creation of custom roles to control access to data, databases, and warehouses.
- Design and optimize Compute Clusters (Warehouses) within the Snowflake environment.
- Lead the migration and implementation of data solutions to cloud-based platforms, demonstrating advanced knowledge in migration methods.
- Implement and oversee the re-clustering of data in Snowflake while understanding the workings of Micro-Partition.
- Engage in hands-on experience with performance tuning of SQL queries, PostgreSQL functions, stored procedures, and SQL code optimization.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience with Data warehousing methodologies and modeling techniques.
- Minimum three years of experience with the Snowflake architecture including using features such as Zero Copy Clone, Time Travel, User defined functions, etc.
- Experience managing security in Snowflake including the creation of custom Roles to control access to Data, Databases, Warehouses etc.
- Experience in designing Compute Clusters (Warehouse) in Snowflake.
- Good knowledge of Snowpipe (whatever ETL or ELT we will be using) for handling Streaming data.
- Expert in SQL.
- Hands-on experience in AWS cloud technologies - DMS, S3, SQS, IAM
- Advanced understanding of migration, methods to cloud data solutions.
- Extensive experience in handling semi-structured data (JSON, XML) using the VARIANT attribute in Snowflake.
- Experience in re-clustering the data in Snowflake with a good understanding on how Micro-Partition works inside Snowflake.
- More than five years in creating master data datasets
- Hands-on experience in performance tuning SQL queries, PostgreSQL functions, stored procedures, and optimizing SQL code.
- High English level is a must
- Good organizational skills and leadership qualities
- Desired: Extensive experience in working with Batch and Stream data
- Enjoy work-life balance with flexible hours and a fully remote position.
- The opportunity to work in a rapidly growing company.
- Be part of a diverse and multicultural team.
- Access to training and mentors.