Our ongoing desire to evolve took us on a journey #beyondsoftware. We are 2am.tech, a team of builders and problem solvers with a core belief in delivering excellence. This value has bred a company culture of providing solutions and products that exceed expectations every time.
We are looking for a Database Administrator to join our team.
As our new team member, you have more than 5+ years of professional experience in Database Engineering field. You are a craftsman developer who is motivated, talented, and committed to the job at hand and your team. You take pride and ownership in your deliverables. You thrive on and enjoy the challenges of each day, and you seek to surround yourself with like-minded people. You are a clear communicator who shares your knowledge and ideas and expects the same from those around you.
As Database Administrator you are responsible for:
- Clearly communicate complex concepts verbally in English.
- Be able to significantly overlap or fully work in North American time zones. These are the times the clients’ teams are working, and to be part of those teams, you need to share some hours.
- Respect deadlines and work in a team-oriented environment.
- Assess new technologies and trends correctly.
- Working from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm EDT, on-call rotation with the IT team.
- Working with large databases and business-critical applications.
Required Skills and Experience:
- More than 4+ years of experience in SQL development and DBA.
- Must have hands-on experience working with MySQL and PostgreSQL as the primary database engines.
- Must have hands-on experience building data warehouses, ETL, moving a large quantity of data quickly.
- Must have hands-on experience in performance tuning SQL queries, PostgreSQL functions, stored procedures, and optimizing SQL code.
- Must have hands-on experience with software development and promoting DB objects through the environments.
- Must have experience working on the various teams (vs. working alone).
- Experience consulting with large enterprises and/or large-in-scope team projects.
- Hand on experience working in AWS.
- AWS Certifications (with additional improvements and certifications)
- Additional programming language (e.g. Python, PowerShell).
- A full-time job.
- Remote work.
- Working in a rapidly growing company.
- Access to training and people that can mentor.